So Silver Spring, Maryland, is unincorporated. To be honest, I don't really know all the implications of this fact, but I do know that we don't really have a local government other than the County government. We do however, have the Silver Spring Regional Services Center (SS RSC). The RSC has a number of boards and committees that advise county decisions. I don't know to what degree they actually make things happen, but I should investigate. In anycase, the Citizens Advisory Board has a...
Transportation & Pedestrian Safety Committee
...and they have a meeting this Monday:
You are welcome to join us for the next meeting of the Silver Spring Transportation and Pedestrian Safety Committee meeting on Monday, 3/24 at 7:30 p.m. in the Silver Spring Regional Center (8435 Georgia Ave, at the corner of Georgia and Wayne). The agenda will include:
If you have any thoughts, ideas, or questions, or for information, call 301-565-7300.
- Update: We will survey and discuss new pedestrian safety or transportation issues from the past month, including several recent pedestrian accidents.
- New Silver Spring Library: We will propose and discuss a letter about parking, construction, and related issues at the new Silver Spring library following last month's discussion and presentation by the Silver Spring library manager.
- Pedestrian safety and other issues in the proposed county operating budget.
- Construction -- and lack of it -- on the Metropolitan Branch Trail through Silver Spring and Takoma Park.
- Improving safety and possible changes near the intersection of Georgia Ave. and Seminary Rd. in Montgomery Hills.
We should all be going to things like this. I haven't been, but I think I'll start on Monday.